Applying speech act theory in the instruction of conversational strategies

教師專業成長工作坊

版主: clsegp

Sherri
文章: 29
註冊時間: 2016年 5月 6日, 11:48

Re: Applying speech act theory in the instruction of conversational strategies

文章Sherri » 2016年 5月 6日, 17:46

I've learned a lot by preparing for this workshop because the awareness of cultural context not only helps me pay attention to my own language use but also draw my attention to the challenges students may have when learning to communicate in English. For example, students may rely on the use of directive modal verbs "should" when making suggestions without knowing that it may be inappropriate in a group interview setting where directive language is inappropriate.
最後由 Sherri 於 2016年 5月 7日, 23:31 編輯,總共編輯了 1 次。

Xinhui
文章: 7
註冊時間: 2016年 5月 6日, 11:49

Re: Applying speech act theory in the instruction of conversational strategies

文章Xinhui » 2016年 5月 6日, 17:47

Sherri 寫:
Conversation strategy_summary.pdf

1. Why is it important to teach conversation strategies by applying speech act theory for cross-cultural communicative purposes?
2. What have you learned from this workshop on speech acts of disagreeing and suggesting? Please give examples.

Q1:
In my opinion, I think the framework of speech act theory could help teachers to provide well-organized constructions for communicative training.

Q2:
I've learned lots from the course design of connecting parts of speech/sentence patterns and langugae functions.
For example, we could teach ss to know how to use the direct/indirect expressions with modal verbs, imperatives and interrogatives apporpriately.

回到「教師專業成長工作坊」

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 1 位訪客