Instruction of oral communicative tasks in global business communication context: Complaint and problem solving as examp

教師專業成長工作坊

版主: clsegp

Tommy
文章: 24
註冊時間: 2016年 5月 6日, 11:49

Instruction of oral communicative tasks in global business communication context: Complaint and problem solving as examp

文章Tommy » 2016年 5月 6日, 12:22

Instruction of oral communicative tasks in global business communication context: Complaint and problem solving as examples

Q1: What difficulties do we have when teaching speaking?
Q2: What areas of knowledge do we need to recognize when teaching speaking?
Q3: What is the goal of teaching speaking skills?
Q4: What are the difficulties for students to “propose a solution”?

Daniel
文章: 11
註冊時間: 2016年 5月 6日, 11:31

Re: Instruction of oral communicative tasks in global business communication context: Complaint and problem solving as e

文章Daniel » 2016年 5月 6日, 14:01

Q1
The most difficult pat is the organization of the content. Students often have some thoughts or answers about the questions, but they don't know how to organize it so that the answers may become confusing. Also, they have difficulties using effective examples to support their answer.

Jiajia
文章: 9
註冊時間: 2016年 5月 6日, 11:38

Re: Instruction of oral communicative tasks in global business communication context: Complaint and problem solving as e

文章Jiajia » 2016年 5月 6日, 14:01

Tommy 寫:Instruction of oral communicative tasks in global business communication context: Complaint and problem solving as examples

In my opnion, it may depend on learners' proficiency levels. For intermediate level of students, challenges may include how to structure a talk, how to use appropriate phrases, how to provide convincing supporting details to support positions, and how to deliver ideas fluently and effectively.
最後由 Jiajia 於 2016年 5月 6日, 14:03 編輯,總共編輯了 2 次。

Lichu
註冊時間: 2016年 5月 6日, 11:18

文章Lichu » 2016年 5月 6日, 14:02

Well, students are afraid of speaking, so they don't talk or speak a word in class.

Concon
文章: 18
註冊時間: 2016年 5月 6日, 11:50

文章Concon » 2016年 5月 6日, 14:02

Q1: When teaching speaking, there's always an invisible script in the sky. How can the teachers introduce the key words and main ideas to the students and explain the ins and outs of that invisible script turns out to be a challenging task.

Lichu
註冊時間: 2016年 5月 6日, 11:18

文章Lichu » 2016年 5月 6日, 14:03

Daniel 寫:Q1
The most difficult pat is the organization of the content. Students often have some thoughts or answers about the questions, but they don't know how to organize it so that the answers may become confusing. Also, they have difficulties using effective examples to support their answer.

I agree with this idea. Structure is difficult. But I think the content is more difficult because they are students and do not have too much background knwoledge to support their responses.

Sherri
文章: 29
註冊時間: 2016年 5月 6日, 11:48

Q1: Instruction of oral communicative tasks in global business communication context: Complaint and problem solving as e

文章Sherri » 2016年 5月 6日, 14:04

I think one difficulty of teaching speaking is to get learners to speak. For most GE learners, for example, when it's their turn to speak in a conversation, they would probably say, "I don't know," "I agree," or "I disagree" without following up or even to venture a contruibution. Not to mentiont that in an EFL setting, leaners might fall back on their first language to exchange ideas instead of using English.

Xinhui
文章: 7

文章Xinhui » 2016年 5月 6日, 14:04

Tommy 寫:Instruction of oral communicative tasks in global business communication context: Complaint and problem solving as examples

Instruction of oral communicative tasks in global business communication context_Complaint and problem solving as examples.pdf

Q2: What areas of knowledge do we need to recognize when teaching speaking?
Q3: What is the goal of teaching speaking skills?
Q4: What are the difficulties for students to “propose a solution”?

Q1:What difficulties do we have when teaching speaking?
When I am teaching speaking, the challening parts are.
1. Authentic input and output
2. Conversation/dialougue frames or constrcutions

Tommy

文章Tommy » 2016年 5月 6日, 15:02

Daniel 寫:Q1

I agree with you. As teachers, we need to provide the stucture to the students otherwise they have no idea what to say.
Except the structure, providing minimal repsonses (useful phrases) are also important for them.

Tommy

Re: Q1: Instruction of oral communicative tasks in global business communication context: Complaint and problem solving

文章Tommy » 2016年 5月 6日, 15:04

Sherri 寫:I think one difficulty of teaching speaking is to get learners to speak. For most GE learners, for example, when it's their turn to speak in a conversation, they would probably say, "I don't know," "I agree," or "I disagree" without following up or even to venture a contruibution. Not to mentiont that in an EFL setting, leaners might fall back on their first language to exchange ideas instead of using English.

Minimal repsonses can help! But it's more important to motivate GE students. Only when they feel the class can help them (with motivation), they will be willing to learn the minimal responses we teach them!! :D

回到「教師專業成長工作坊」

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 1 位訪客